Who is maintaining NRPE?

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Mon Sep 26 10:51:59 CEST 2005

On 22 Sep 2005, at 21:41, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> Ton Voon wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> Just wondering who is currently maintaining NRPE?
>>

> That'd be me. I'm not doing a very good job of advertising the
> releases, but 2.2 is available (whenever my ISP isn't doing
> something incompetent) at http://oss.op5.se/nagios. I haven't had
> time to do much other than making it a fair bit portable yet,
> although I'm working on it.

Thanks. You should do more promotion so that it becomes the "default"
version, rather than the 2.0 one.

However, am I right in saying that the CVS repository for NRPE 2.2 is
on your own servers? If so, I don't think this is in the spirit of
openess. Can I suggest that you use Sourceforge to host the NRPE
code? This way the changes made are clear to the community.

In fact, I notice there is a NRPE project on SF: http://
sourceforge.net/projects/nrpe. Looks like it was setup by Ethan and
includes yourself as a developer. Maybe this is the best place to
house the main code.

>> I've dropped an  email to Ethan Galstad but haven't received a
>> reply. I seem to recall  that NRPE was split off to a separate
>> team some time ago.
>> We've made a few tweaks to the configure script so that NRPE 2.0
>> now  compiles on Tru64 and Irix "out of the box". The patch is
>> below. It  requires autoconf to regenerate the new configure script.
>>

> It would be very helpful if you could make the patch apply cleanly
> to the 2.2 sources, unless one of the portability fixes I've
> already made sorts it out.

Initial configure on Irix and Tru64 fails. I'll look into it and get
back to you.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243