Who is maintaining NRPE?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Sep 22 22:41:50 CEST 2005

Ton Voon wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Just wondering who is currently maintaining NRPE?

That'd be me. I'm not doing a very good job of advertising the releases,
but 2.2 is available (whenever my ISP isn't doing something incompetent)
at http://oss.op5.se/nagios. I haven't had time to do much other than
making it a fair bit portable yet, although I'm working on it.

> I've dropped an  email
> to Ethan Galstad but haven't received a reply. I seem to recall  that
> NRPE was split off to a separate team some time ago.
>
> We've made a few tweaks to the configure script so that NRPE 2.0 now
> compiles on Tru64 and Irix "out of the box". The patch is below. It
> requires autoconf to regenerate the new configure script.

It would be very helpful if you could make the patch apply cleanly to
the 2.2 sources, unless one of the portability fixes I've already made
sorts it out.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer