Fwd: saw your posting on Nagios

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Sep 21 19:12:44 CEST 2005

I received a similar message from her on 4/20/2005. I responded
indicating that it was bad behavior to troll technical mailing lists for
business leads. It seems they don't agree.

I doubt they have any kind of 'partnership with Nagios'. Her earlier
description to me is probably more accurate --

"We're a software notification company configured to work with Nagios
monitoring package."

I had suggested that they ask Ethan to be listed on
http://www.nagios.org/products/notification/. I take the lack of them
being listed there as further evidence that they don't have such a
partnership. Regardless, using this mailing list to gather leads is
still wrong and they should be removed from the list if they are on it.
They'll still be able to gather the addresses but they'll have to work
harder to do it.

--
Marc

Response