Fwd: saw your posting on Nagios

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Thu Sep 22 06:22:05 CEST 2005

Jacob, Marc, et al -

I was not aware that this was happening, but I would like to thank
you for shedding light on this issue.  I have been in talks with RR
regarding a potential partnership, but nothing has been finalized as
of yet.  To say that there is currently a partnership of some kind is
simply not true.  I have contacted RR regarding this matter and have
received assurances that this type of solicitation will not occur in
the future.

FYI, if anyone receives similar inquiries from other companies or
individuals as a result of their postings on the Nagios mailing
lists, please let me know and I will do my best to resolve the issue
ASAP.  In my opinion, it is unacceptable for companies to solicit
potential customers by trolling the lists.  It damages the integrity
of not only the lists, but of the company in question as well.

Sorry for any trouble this may have caused you and/or others.  Again,
thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---
Email: nagios at nagios.org