odd permissions problem

Char Skall charskall at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:44:22 CEST 2005

Here's the definitions involved.

# 'Cisco 1700vzw' host definition
define host{
use hosts ; Name of host template to use

host_name Cisco1700vzw
alias Cisco 1700 VZW
address 10.0.8.2 <http://10.0.8.2>
check_command check-host-alive
max_check_attempts 20
contact_groups router-admins
notification_interval 60
notification_period 24x7
notification_options d,u,r
}

# Service definition
define service{
use services ; Name of service template to use

host_name Cisco1700vzw
service_description PING
is_volatile 0
check_period 24x7
max_check_attempts 3
normal_check_interval 5
retry_check_interval 1
contact_groups router-admins
notification_interval 240
notification_period 24x7
notification_options c,r
check_command check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
}

# 'routers' host group definition
define hostgroup{
hostgroup_name routers
alias Routers
# contact_groups router-admins
members Cisco1700,Cisco1700fdle,Cisco1700vzw
}

This is how everything else is setup and I can log in and access any
information and execute any commands I want except when they involve the
Cisco1700vzw. If you need the entire file let me know I'll attach those if
needed.

Thanks for your assistance