check_ftp on check_nrpe..

Elizar M. Palad elizar.palad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 01:41:16 CEST 2005

Hi all! Me again! :-)
  I just installed nrpe both on local nagios machine and
to the remote host.
 I get a "CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes. Are we allowed to connect to the
host? "
with these definition:
 define service{
use generic-service ; Name of service template to use
host_name 2 FTPTEST
check_command check_nrpe!check_ftp
}
 define command{
command_name check_nrpe
command_line /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$
}
  Then i get: Socket timeout 10sec with this definition:
 define service{
use generic-service ; Name of service template to use
host_name 2 FTPTEST
check_command check_nrpe!ftptest!21!check_ftp
}
 define command{
command_name check_nrpe
command_line /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H $ARG1$ -p $ARG2$ -c
$ARG3$
}

could someone guide me on this one? Thanks in advance!

--
----
Don't Tell Me How Hard You Work..