Notification of volatile acknowledged services

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Sep 9 18:10:04 CEST 2005

Yes, it's actually documented on the acknowledgment page itself --

"This command is used to acknowledge a service problem. When a service
problem is acknowledged, future notifications about problems are
temporarily disabled until the service changes state (i.e. recovers)."

> The second question is whether anyone has an idea how we can simply
get
> Nagios to pump through the notifications, regardless of the state of
the
> services. I had thought about creating something for the Event Broker,
> but that seems like a bit too extreme.

Don't use the acknowledge feature. Nagios will send alerts for every
non-OK state with is_volatile enabled IFF you don't acknowledge it. I
think if you can change your process around acknowledgments you'll get
what you want. Alternately you could create an event handler to send the
alerts if state != OK.

--
Marc