Nagios Vs MOM

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Oct 28 15:16:23 CEST 2005

On 28 Oct 2005, at 09:59, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

>> I think it's a valid question. I don't think it should
>> elicit a response that his boss(es) are idiots or that he should quit
>> his job.
>>

> True. What I said was that Nagios' strong side is that it handles
> all devices and emphasized this with the fact that no sane network
> have only one kind of device/OS/whatever. There was an if() clause
> around that part about stupid bosses so it doesn't necessarily
> apply and I didn't tell him to quit his job. I just said that I
> would if I were him. My opinions are so obviously my own that noone
> with a will of their own will take actions based on them as a
> recommendation on how to behave.

Andreas,

I just want to backup Emmet here. I don't think the case is that your
"opinions are so obviously [your] own", I think it is that you chose
to say them. You are smart enough to know the reaction that they
could cause. Fortunately, Ray didn't appear to take offence.

Can you please tone down the emotive language because it demeans your
otherwise intelligent responses.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243