SNMP Process check

Rob Moss robmossrm at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 17:00:50 CEST 2005

G Davies wrote:

>hostname:/usr/lib/nagios/plugins# ./check_snmp_process.pl -H <IP removed> -C <community removed> -n BRMService.exe
>1 process matching BRMService.exe (> 0)
>
>The relevant services.cfg fragment is below...
>
>define service {
>        use                             generic-service
>        name                            check_brm_process
>        host_name                       <hostname removed>
>        service_description             BRM Rules Monitor
>        is_volatile                     0
>        check_period                    24x7
>        max_check_attempts              3
>        normal_check_interval           5
>        retry_check_interval            1
>        contact_groups                  nt-admins
>        notification_interval           120
>        notification_period             24x7
>        notification_options            c,r
>        check_command                   check_snmp_process!public!BRMService.exe
>        register 1
>}
>
>...and here's the relevant checkservices.cfg fragment...
>
>define command{
>        command_name    check_snmp_process
>        command_line    $USER1$/check_snmp_process.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -n $ARG2$
>}
>
>Have I done something stupid?  As far as I can see it should all work fine.

Looks okay to me, except for one line that looked wordwrapped

Can you send in the portion lower down where the host calls the service?

Other things to check are:
- Can you run the same command as the nagios user (su - nagios), with
the permissions of the nagios user?
- Does your command require environment variables, and are they defined
in the script?
- When the perl script runs and loads in the SNMP libraries, can they be
found with nagios's LD_LIBRARY_PATH or ld.so.conf equivalent?

Cheers
rob.