Notifications or host checks stopped working

Andrew Laden Andrew.Laden at tudor.com
Tue Oct 18 17:58:09 CEST 2005

I just recently upgraded to 2.0b4. Notifications were working ok when I
first upgraded.

Our company is having a DR test. So we shut down the routers connecting one
of our sites.

The GUI shows mostly correct. The two routers are listed in Network outages,
And it seems that the hosts that are children of those routers are all being
marked as unreachable instead of down.

But I am seeing some oddities. It looks like host checks are no longer being
scheduled at all. I have host escalations in place, and there are no
notifications going out on the two down routers. Current Notification Number
isnt increasing. They are in a Down Hard state, but current attempt is stuck
at a 1/5 count.

So, questions
Is there a way to tell if host checks are being run? They aren't in the
scheduled queue. I set one of the down routers to up using a passive check.
And it looks like even when the service for it went down, the host check
never ran. Though when I forced the check, it ran ok.

I had a host that was in an unreachable state. I ran a service check for
that host that suceeded. The host went into a down state. But again, no
further host checks seem to have been run. And no notifications have been
sent out.

Any ideas where I can look for problems?

Thanks
-Andrew