Problem with Cingular TAP Gateway

Scot Jenkins scotjenkins at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 18:45:50 CEST 2005

On 10/14/05, Stover, Beth <BStover at norcalmutual.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been using Nagios ver 1 to send SMS text pages to my cell  through a
> Cingular TAP gateway since April. The number I'm using:
>
> (408)961-2819
>
> A few weeks ago, my SMS alerts stopped working through the TAP gateway.  All
> other alerts are working fine.
>
> Is anyone else having a problem with the Cingular TAP gateway????

A few years ago I had been using qpage and an 800# to send messages to
my AT&T cell phone (eg, actual paging, not email).  The line quit
working about 2 years ago.  I suspect someone at AT&T started paying
attention to those 800# bills.  I've been just emailing my phone since
then.  AT&T wireless is now Cingular in case you missed it.

You might try just emailing to cellnumber at mymmode.com to see if that works.
Or try some of the paging numbers linked under "resources" on the
bottom of this page:

http://thinkunix.net/docs/monitoring/qpage.html

Scot