Problem with Cingular TAP Gateway

Stover, Beth BStover at NorcalMutual.com
Sat Oct 15 00:00:15 CEST 2005

I realize that this e-mail might seem off topic.  I've tried the
sms_client mailing list, and no one responded.

Also, I know that there are other Nagios users who are sending SMS text
pages FROM Nagios to themselves through the Cingular TAP gateway.

I'm at the end of my rope with Cingular.

If anyone else has information regarding the Cingular TAP gateway, then
feel free to contact me offline.

bstover at norcalmutual.com

Thanks!

	-----Original Message-----
	From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Stover,
Beth
	Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 2:35 PM
	To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
	Subject: [Nagios-users] Problem with Cingular TAP Gateway

	Hi,

	I've been using Nagios ver 1 to send SMS text pages to my cell
through a Cingular TAP gateway since April. The number I'm using:

	(408)961-2819

	A few weeks ago, my SMS alerts stopped working through the TAP
gateway.  All other alerts are working fine.

	Is anyone else having a problem with the Cingular TAP
gateway????

	I've verified that I cannot send SMS text pages through the TAP
gateway from sms_client, ppp on Unix, cu on UNIX, and an SMS client for
Windows.  In each case, the TAP Gateway server is prompting me for a
login id:

	ID=

	I never had to enter a login ID before.  Cingular insists that
there is no login prompt even though I'm getting one.

	I've been troubleshooting with Cingular for almost a week, and
they insist that the problem is on my end.  If anyone else is having a
similar problem, it would be helpful to explain to Cingular that other
people are also affected.

	Thanks!

	Beth Stover
	Systems Administrator