Service with multiple hosts in different contact groups

Danny Russell drussell at mpifix.com
Fri Oct 14 17:57:09 CEST 2005

I have a service that has hosts from multiple contact groups.

For example I have service 'check_disk'.

I have 3 contact groups, tier1 tier2 and tier3.

I have 3 hosts, SaltLakeCity (tier1), Sandy (tier2), and Draper (tier3).

All 3 hosts are assigned to 'check_disk'.

I have added the 3 contact groups to the contact_groups in the service
'check_disk'. The problem is that all 3 groups are getting notified
regardless of which host it is. The hostgroup -> contact_group
relationship doesn't stick or something.

Can some one give me some ideas of what to check?

Thanks!