Service with multiple hosts in different contact groups

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Oct 14 18:23:16 CEST 2005

I am presuming that you're using multiple, comma-separated hosts for the
host_name directive or hostgroup_name in the service definition.

> I have added the 3 contact groups to the contact_groups in the service
> 'check_disk'. The problem is that all 3 groups are getting notified

You've told Nagios to notify all three groups for problems with this
service so this is correct behavior.

> regardless of which host it is. The hostgroup -> contact_group
> relationship doesn't stick or something.

The hostgroup->contact_group relationship only controls who receives
_host_ notifications in this context. Host notification and service
notifications are completely independent and can have different contacts
entirely. There is no implicit link between host contact_groups and
service contact_groups.

You'll need to make three different service definitions, one per host,
with the appropriate contact_groups.

--
Marc