NRPE, over old version of HPUX (10.01)

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de
Tue Oct 4 10:37:53 CEST 2005

Hi Jose,

because I do have to monitor quite a few HP-UX boxes,
some of which I'd consider vintage stuff
(i.e. 10.20 where HP have discontinued support for),
I ran into similar difficulties when preparing grounds for NRPE
on these particular machines.
However I did manage to find a site where one could download
prebuilt binaries of gcc and binutils as well as Perl.
With this foundation laid I was able to build and install NRPE.

But even there you won't find binaries for release versions
earlier than 10.20.

I have no idea if the 10.20 builds will be of any use to you,
but you could give it a try.

http://mirrors.develooper.com/hpux/

Jose
> Orlando Muqoz B
> Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 5:10 PM
> To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Nagios-users] NRPE, over old version of HPUX (10.01)
>

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking some plugig to monitoring my OLD servers, I read
> all about
> NRPE and this is the solution I need.
>
> However I can't get it functioning over my Hpux V10.01, I tried
> install the precompiled version "nrpe-1.8-B.10.20" but i get
> this error
>
> ./nrpe --help
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Invalid version for shared library:
/usr/lib/libc.1
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Exec format error
> Abort(coredump)
>
> I try to compiled the 1.8 source and I get a lot of errors.
>
> I have problem even installing Perl the only perl i get
installed is