NRPE, over old version of HPUX (10.01)

Jose Orlando Muñoz B jose.munoz at proyectosbiz.com
Mon Oct 3 17:09:33 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm looking some plugig to monitoring my OLD servers, I read all about
NRPE and this is the solution I need.

However I can't get it functioning over my Hpux V10.01, I tried to
install the precompiled version "nrpe-1.8-B.10.20" but i get this error

./nrpe --help
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Invalid version for shared library: /usr/lib/libc.1
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Exec format error
Abort(coredump)

I try to compiled the 1.8 source and I get a lot of errors.

I have problem even installing Perl the only perl i get installed is
v5.002.

I have 20 of this servers and is imposible to monitor manualy.

Thanks a lot for any advisor

Jose.