Multiple links from serviceextinfo to graphs?

Max btmanmeh at verizon.net
Tue Nov 22 01:46:10 CET 2005

John Cianfarani wrote:
> Reading this made me think of an off the wall way to do that.
> Just a shot in the dark here, so take it as you will.
>
> Maybe you could write some javascript code to be included into the html
> and have the url only contain data like, with an onlcik event.
>
> http://127.0.0.1/Name=Server1?Disk=C?Disk=D?Docs=/docs/server1
>
> Now when clicked the javascript could process the data and open up a
> drop down or right click style menu for you to choose where to go.
>
> Either that or just another scripted page that could process a list of
> elements like that and present you options.

That is something that certainly could be done I'm sure, but for me
that's probably not something I would do. The reason being, the graphs I
produce are mainly only for informational purposes, that very rarely do
or will get looked at. So for my purposes, that just seems like too much
work for something that is very rarely going to be used or seen.

Today I just generated a plain html page in the directory I'm dishing my
images out of, and pointed my Nagios image icon link to that. That only
took a few minutes to produce and when anyone looks at it, they are
presented with a plain page for their choice of graph. Honestly I only
have a few switches with like 50 ports each to graph. So it was just
quicker to implement that for myself.

I was just asking my original question because I didn't see anything in
the documentation about it, so I figured I'd just ask. Plus, I was
trying to make Nagios look pretty and be fancy, when I got to thinking
that I really didn't need that. Not to say that your idea wouldn't be
something someone else would perhaps like to use, so thanks your input.
Also, Steve's post offered some tools to look out that already provides
a frontend to do a similar thing, and his demo site looks really cool.
Thanks!

Max