nrpe ver. 2 on AIX 5.2

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Nov 11 19:26:33 CET 2005

Rudy Montemayor wrote:
> Steve,
>

> Since I'm not the regular AIX administrator I didn't realize that the
> AIX syslogd was running but it was not logging any errors/messages. So I
> had to stop and restart it with debugging turned on and that's when I
> saw that it was in fact as you suggested a "SSL" problem. I've got
> things working now, thanks for everyone's help.
>

> Andreas Ericsson, you sound very bitter on your emails; I suggest
> seeking professional help.

Been there, done that, doing it tomorrow. Unless I wake up next to a
nice-looking blonde or a bottle of beer.

I'm usually sober when I'm writing emails. Today, however, is friday so
I'll offer up the free advice of installing nrpe 2.2 which is available
from http://oss.op5.se/nagios/nrpe-2.2.tar.gz

You can specify more than debug=1 with nrpe-2.2 if you like, so if you
run into further problems you should be able to specify debug=3
(supported for now) to get tremendous noise in the syslogs. This should
help you write more informative messages to the list in the future which
in turn will enable all of us sorry sods to provide you with the
excellent help you deserve. Well, not deserve as such, but at least expect.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se