Host status change from UNREACHABLE to DOWN

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu May 26 18:18:07 CEST 2005

This is not a bug.  UNREACHABLE != DOWN

If the parent comes down, the state of the child is not know and is marked
unreachable - it may be up or it may be down. UNREACHABLE is a hard state

When the parent comes up, the state of the child is checked as normal.  If
the host is up, that is a hard state change to UP, if the host is down, it
is hard state change to DOWN.  In both cases you should get a
notification.