How to silence/ack multiple failed services on a host?

Bill Akins Bill_Akins at emoryhealthcare.org
Wed May 25 18:13:50 CEST 2005

>>> Ben Conrad <BConrad at passkey.com> 5/25/2005 10:41 AM >>>
>Hello,
Hi.

>To silence the alerts while I was working the problem I went into each
>service and "Acked" the down service.  Is that the only (fastest/most
>efficient) way to Ack a bunch of services on a single host?

You can select the host (enter name on left side) and then select "Disable notifications for all services on this host", then you have the option of "Disable for host too".

>I'm doing a rollout tomw night, all these services will be down or in
>various states of availability.  What is the best way to silence 7 services
>accross 10 web hosts?

You can do the same as above for a hostgroup or service group.  Even better, you could schedule flexible downtime for all services in a group.  >From the schedule downtime for services page:

"This command is used to schedule downtime for all services in a particular servicegroup. During the specified downtime, Nagios will not send notifications out about the services. When the scheduled downtime expires, Nagios will send out notifications for the services as it normally would. Scheduled downtimes are preserved across program shutdowns and restarts. Both the start and end times should be specified in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss. If you select the fixed option, the downtime will be in effect between the start and end times you specify. If you do not select the fixed option, Nagios will treat this as "flexible" downtime. Flexible downtime starts when a service enters a non-OK state (sometime between the start and end times you specified) and lasts as long as the duration of time you enter. The duration fields do not apply for fixed dowtime. Note that scheduling downtime for services does not automatically schedule downtime for the hosts those services are associated with. If you want to also schedule downtime for all hosts in the servicegroup, check the 'Schedule downtime for hosts too' option."

>Thanks!
HTH!