Has anybody ported the nagios UI to their own?

Yves Junqueira yves.junqueira at gmail.com
Tue May 24 14:44:20 CEST 2005

2005/5/23, Heise, Robert <Robert.Heise at peopleclick.com>:
> Great information...exactly what im looking to do.
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> * Did you compile nagios with mysql, and render a schema which stores
> the results of each service status?

Hi Robert. I hope I can help.

I also had to send the message to the list since your antispam doesn't
seem to like gmail.

No, I didn't compile nagios with mysql. Actually, nagios 2.0 will not
support mysql directly, to foster simplicity in the code. Rather, it
needs external tools to interpret its logs and work as an interface to
mysql.

I'll write down my notes and publish it together with the source of
the "tail-nagios" tool later today.

I'll let you and other nagios-users know when I do that.

Do you code perl? Since I've made it to specific needs, you'll
probably want to adapt it.

> * Do you inject nagios configuration using any tools?
>
> Thanks
> Rob

No, I don't inject nagios configs with any tool, since my monitored
structure doesn't have more then a few dozens hosts.

Thank you,

Yves

Yves Junqueira
Goiânia, Brasil | MSN: yves[]yvesjunqueira.com