Scheduling downtime

Sxan sxanrr at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 22:30:07 CEST 2005

Hey All,

I'm trying to find out what I might have to set in order for a user to be able to schedule
downtime for a host. The documentation isn't totally clear on which permissions setting
might be the one for scheduling downtime, and also, would I have to create a new file
in the var directory to enable scheduling downtime? The docs mentioned something about
a line like

downtime_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/downtime.dat

Or will this file create itself from the Nagios program?

Thanks in advance!

~Jim