Has anybody ported the nagios UI to their own?

Yves Junqueira yves.junqueira at gmail.com
Mon May 23 15:10:17 CEST 2005

2005/5/20, Heise, Robert <Robert.Heise at peopleclick.com>:
> While Nagios UI is pretty slick, Id like to take that functionality in
> incorporate to our own Dashboard framework.  Has anybody done something
> similar?
>
> rob

I use Nagios 2.0 and developed a perl daemon that reads service
perfdata logs from nagios and update a MySQL database of services
status.

The result is I could write a fancier user interface using Perl and
showing icons taken from MS Visual Studio.

In the company I work for, I have set two LCD monitors in a wall,
which display services status for everyone in the floor who may be
interested. Obviously that could be interpreted as information "leak",
yet it's manageable in most cases. Everyone has its own choices in a
possible "transparency X security" dilemma.

I have put some screenshots together at:

http://i-admin.blogspot.com/2005/05/sistema-de-monitoramento-de-servios-e.html

- Yves Junqueira