Nagios Setup On Ubuntu

Matthew S-H mathbymath at aol.com
Mon May 23 00:13:25 CEST 2005

I am currently trying to set up Nagios on an Ubuntu (Hoary) computer
running the 2.6.10 kernel.
For those familiar with Ubuntu, I installed Nagios using something
called "Synaptic" (a GUI for apt).  After installing, I read (almost)
the entire documentation.  The only parts I didn't read were the
advanced configuration setup sections.
Anyway, I can't seem to do anything after the install.  I don't know
what to do next.  I tried going to "http://127.0.0.1/nagios/", but I
just got a 404 error.

Any ideas on what I should do?  Or what I could do next?  Or where I
might look to find answers to these questions?

Thanks,
~Matt