NSClient not longer works with Exach2003 on Win2003 ??

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu May 19 20:12:16 CEST 2005

Doug Veldhuisen wrote:

> I am not running nsclient on win2003 server, but just off the top of my
> head, I would wonder about and maint applied to the box, or maybe a new
> program
> or something like that?
>
> Usually, when I find something working for a long time, then not
> working, first thing I go looking for is what changed?

In this case it's no great wonder what has changed. Exchange hogged the
NSClient port before NSClient got a chance to start (I suppose this
happened after a reboot or some such). It's a fairly common problem.
Exchange can be configured not to use certain ports. I suggest you (Mr.
Gale) configure it not to use port 1248.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer