Off topic (but related)

Frater, Greg J gjfrater at bechtel.com
Thu May 19 19:40:29 CEST 2005

All,

We are planning an upgrade of our existing Nagios 1.0 install to Nagios 2.x
(and Apache 2.x).  Most likely running on RedHat EL 4 or CentOS 4.  One of
the things we would like to do is integrate the Nagios web authentication
with our MS Active Directory user accounts.  We use IE 6 as our web browser
and if possible would like to configure the authentication to utilize NTLM
or single sign on, so users are not prompted when connecting to the Nagios
web interface.  I have seen various posts from others saying they are doing
this to some degree and wanted to poll the list for how (which components)
people are using.  I have found a handful of Apache modules relying on samba
or ntlm to accomplish this and am looking for recommendations on which ones
are working for others.

Thanks,

Greg Frater
WTP IS&T, Server Operations Group