Checking for VNC(or arbitrary TCP service)

D.S. org_nagios at L93.com
Wed May 18 17:57:32 CEST 2005

Hello I'm new to nagios, but thanks to some help from the list, and a
lot of reading I've got it up and running and monitoring the first few
services!!  I'm interested in montoring a VNC process which will require
a TCP connection to port 5900...

./check_tcp -h

Doesn't seem to give me the format that I expect to use in services.cfg
(check_tcp!whatever!stuff).. How would I go about monitoring port 5900
on host 1.1.1.1 ?

I tried looking for services.cfg examples of something akin to this but
I just don't see how the !! syntax translates into the " check_tcp -H
host -p port " type of syntax -h gives.  What are the !'s anyway?

Any help would be appreciated.

--David