trends not working

dave at umiacs.umd.edu dave at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed May 18 17:54:14 CEST 2005

I've just installed nagios on Rhel3 and am reasonably satisfied with
it. (Actually, it was an upgrade from netsaint on solaris.)

One thing I can't seem to work out is the trends. It does throw up the
graph but the graph is empty. The archive directory is in the correct
place and filling up. Likewise, the same thing happens with "Alert Histogram"
but "Alert History" shows the data. Because it's not actually causing any
error, I'm a tad baffled. Any idea on how to diagnose this?

Also, the map (not the 3-d one) looks like a donut. I'm used to the
tree-shaped one from netsaint. Hosts on the donut are clustered so tightly
that the map is of marginal use. Can the view/shape/style of this map
be changed?

TIA

  David Stern                                    University of Maryland
            Institute for Advanced Computer Studies