Nagios isn't ready for prime time

Russell Adams RLAdams at AdamsInfoServ.Com
Mon May 16 05:47:39 CEST 2005

I'm working on a program called NACE (Nagios Automatic Configuration
Engine) meant to automatically create configurations from a variety of
data sources, including network and SNMP scans.

More specifically, you first create host and service templates, then
in a shell script write a query for the network to see what hosts
should use the templates and create the appropriate configs.

I'm working on v0.3 and the documentation's still in progress, but
there is some. However, the prototype works, including performing
multithreaded scanning.

If you're interested, check out:

http://www.adamsinfoserv.com/AISTWiki/bin/view/AIS/Software

Russell