monitoring services

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sat May 14 16:32:12 CEST 2005

That's the correct syntax. Did you restart nagios after changing the
command? Are you sure it restarted? If the answer is yes to both, then
it would appear that your monitoring machine simply can't reach that
port or it's taking longer than 10 seconds to respond. Try telnet to
port 85 as the nagios user from your monitoring box as follows --

bash-2.05a$ telnet somehost 85
Trying somehost...
Connected to somehost.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.0
[type another return here]
HTTP/1.0 200 OK

<data>
Connection closed by foreign host.

The web server should answer almost immediately and the time after the
GET request to connection close should be no longer than 10 seconds. If
it is longer, you might want to consider extending the timeout.

--
Marc