Lieberts UPS

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Fri May 13 17:01:44 CEST 2005

> Im wondering if anyone has had any experience getting Lieberts SNMP
> webcard to be monitored via Nagios?
>
> Using the check_snmp function is straight forward enough, however, I need
> Nagios to alert us when the UPS goes into battery mode.  The problem is,
> that there is no SNMP string available, until it actually goes into this
> mode.  So effectively I could be checking an SNMP string oid every 5
> minutes and it will be erroring, until it actually goes into battery mode,
> when its status will then become ok.  I kinda want the reverse of
> this...so Im only alerted when the oid is present.

I use the following commands to check for battery remaining (mind the
crappy linewrapping):

# 'check_batt' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_batt
        command_line    $USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $USER4$ -u
"min" -l "Batt runtime" -o
enterprises.emerson.liebertCorp.liebertUps.luExtensions.luCore.lcUpsBattery.lcUpsBatTimeRemaining.0
-w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
        }

ARG1 and ARG2 are simply the minutes remaining.

Benny

--
"You come from a long line of scary women."     -- Ranger, "Three To
                                                   Get Deadly"