Event Handlers Problem

Thomas Beecher tbeecher at localnet.com
Thu May 12 23:05:22 CEST 2005

Well, to answer some questions that has been posed.

1. My testing was taking place on a 2.0b3 installation of Nagios. I was,
however, able to replicate the behavior on a 1.1 install, our production
instance, seperate box.

2. I tested the perl script as the nagios user to make sure it would actually
run as expected, and it did.

3. I have tried to call the script from inside shell wrapper, to no avail. The
shell script works fine if I call it directly (again, tested as myself and as
the nagios user). I tested it naked, with no params , with constants, and with
macro variables, all nada. In all cases, if I tee the output to a dummy file to
see what the output is, it's ONLY the arguments that come out, never anything
from the script.

So, In essance, I'm still stuck. I'm cheating right now, taking the only output
I can get (the macros), dumping that to a file, and running another script as a
cron job that parses the file holding the marco variables, then calling the perl
script. I know, it's a roundabout way of doing it, but it accomplishes the same
task. I don't plan to try that on our production copy of nagios, only because
there's already enough cron jobs running every 5 minutes, but thought I'd toss
it out there in case someone else wants to try that for themselves.

Thanks to everyone for all your help, if I ever get it working the correct way
I'll be sure to post again and let you know.

Thomas Beecher II
Network Administrator
LocalNet, Inc
tbeecher at localnet.com