Event Handlers Problem

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu May 5 02:32:00 CEST 2005

>I found 2 different issues that prevented my event_handlers
>from running:

I had similar problems, but with perl scripts failing to run.  I found that
in most cases, I could create a /bin/sh wrapper script:

#!/bin/sh
exec $*
echo "Failed to exec!"
exit 3

and then call this as a wrapper.  Unfortunately, it wont work if you need
quotes around any of the arguments, however a similar thing written in C
that calls a shell works fine.

I think there is a problem in Nagios 1.2 with regard to the way it execs
plugins, specifically in relationship with scripts that need a parser;
however I havent had the time to trudge through the code.

STeve