normal_check_interval question.

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Thu May 12 22:01:11 CEST 2005

Hi.

Sxan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has experience changing the timing of the
> intervals that nagios
> performs it's checks. I've played with it a bit, but I've noticed that
> once you go below 1 minute,
> the timing does not seem to follow any kind of logical form.

Did you consider the effects the service reaper frequency has? There are
some paragraphs in he manual - at least, I remember reading reading a
quite detailed overview of how checks are scheduled.

What I kept in mind was, among other things, that a service is only
re-scheduled once its results are collected by the result processor, and
that one fetches the results with the service reaper frequency.
Basically, that should mean that it's not possible to have checks with a
higher frequency than the results are processed, which is quite useful...

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de