Change host IP Address

Paul Lembo paul_lembo at vrtx.com
Wed May 11 20:58:38 CEST 2005

Hi list

Greetings,

I'm a Unix Admin learning about Nagios.

I've got a lot still to learn but have read the docs and got a test
 instance working 2.0b3.

My problem is the production instance I inherited 2.0b2 on RH-WS...

A few servers had their IP address changed. I thought editing the
 hosts.cfg file and restarting nagios would be enough  - yet when
 I browse to the 'host detail' web interface I can see two different
 IP addresses listed.

 The main host info at the top of the page shows the new, correct
 address (10.19.4.15) but in the sub fields I still see

"CRITICAL - Host Unreachable (10.10.15.4)" and the check_pings are
 banging on this old address creating needless errors. How to fix
 this? I'm searching for anywhere this old IP may be stored but
 to no avail thus far.

Any help muchly appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul