STARTING NAGIOS

Marc Belanger bru1n at comcast.net
Wed May 11 15:31:27 CEST 2005

You should first try your configuration with the command;
/path/to/nagios -v /path/to/nagios.cfg

The default paths are:
nagios /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios
nagios.cfg /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

Your nagios.cfg *might* be called minimal.cfg or something else, depending on your choice. Regardless, its the main nagios config file.

Running the -v option will tell you whats wrong. In your case, its probably a service definition (check_procs) with incorrect parameters. You can run the exact command from the command line to be sure what to substitute for nagios variables in your service and checkcommand definitions.

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs -h

-Marc