Nagios 2.0 performance for reports

Brian T. O'Neill btoneill at misplaced.net
Fri May 6 06:37:29 CEST 2005

I hate replying to my own emails, but figured I'd post the solution to
my problem incase anyone else goes looking.

I was getting 100MB daily log files due to the logging of passive
service checks. I didn't realise that passive checks are all logged in
detail even if you don't have stalking turned on for a host. So, having
several thousand passive checks happening every 5 minutes or so was
creating very very large log files. Removing the logging of passive
checks greatly increased the speed and the availbility and trending
applications are actually useful now.

Brian

Quoting Brian T. O'Neill (btoneill at misplaced.net) from  :

btoneill at misplaced.net