Nagios 2.0 performance for reports

Brian T. O'Neill btoneill at misplaced.net
Wed May 4 19:33:21 CEST 2005

I'm running Nagios 2.0b2 and I'm noticing terrible performance when
generating reports. For example, the availablity report for a single
host takes 3 minutes to run for a 7 day period. My archive log files are
between 50-100MB each.

Is anyone else having performance issues such as this? Are there any
apps out there to trim the log files to remove alot of the OK checks?
For instance I'm pinging every host every 60 seconds, so those alone
take up alot of space.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to optimize the searching of the
cgi report applications? It seems that they are using sub-optimal
searching conditions and they parse out every part of every line even if
it's for a host that you're not quering for.

As for hardware, I'm running an a 4x450Mhz Sun E420R with 4G of memory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

btoneill at misplaced.net