Passive services

Brian T. O'Neill btoneill at misplaced.net
Thu May 5 06:35:48 CEST 2005

There are some issues I've found with the tactical overview page and
using passive service checks. The all get marked as "Disabled" in the
"Ok" services box. Also if they are Critical or Warning for a status
they are also listed as being Disabled. On the bottom row in the list of
Active checks it lists all the Passive ones as being disabled (that is
assuming a passive check doesn't also do active checks).

In order to get around this annoying issue without doing some major
changes to the code, I made all my passive checks also active checks. I
wrote a quick "check_status" script that returns the latest Passive
check results from the status.dat file. I have this scheduled for every
2 hours to run. This way the tactical page looks clear but I'm still
able to use my passive checks.

It looks really bad when the tactical page lists things like 1600
services disabled.

Brian

Quoting Greg Vickers (g.vickers at qut.edu.au) from  :

btoneill at misplaced.net