OCSP not working

Ryan Moreton ryan.moreton at dxi.net
Wed May 4 18:25:23 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I have a problem with setting up OCSP. I have installed the NSCA Deamon
correctly on the Main Central Monitoring server and have debugging enabled.
I have copied the submit_check_result script onto my distributed server and
if I run this script manually I can pass relevant status information across
and can see the output within the debug on the central server.

However OCSP does not seem to run this script. I have created an additional
simple script outputting dummy data to a file and this OCSP doesn't like
using this either.

I have checked permissions on the file and directories, which are ok. I have
run the script as the nagios user, which is ok and I have
obsess_over_service set to 1 within nagios.cfg and on all my services checks
within my services file.

If I replace my nagios.cfg, cgi.cfg and resource.cfg file on my distribution
server with the sample ones and change the relevant parametres to use OCSP
it works, but as soon as I change them back to enable database functionality
it stops working. Am I right in thinking it won't work if I use a database
backend or am I missing something else?

I'm close to headbutting wall stage.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance!

Cheers,

Ryan