Embedded Perl

Josh josh2780 at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 18:03:23 CEST 2005

Nevermind.  Just read the following from
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/tuning.html

"Use the embedded Perl interpreter. If you're using a
lot of Perl scripts for service checks, etc., you will
probably find that compiling an embedded Perl
interpreter into the Nagios binary will speed things
up. In order to compile in the embedded Perl
interpreter, you'll need to supply the
--enable-embedded-perl option to the configure script
before you compile Nagios. Also, if you use the
--with-perlcache option, the compiled version of all
Perl scripts processed by the embedded interpreter
will be cached for later reuse. "