compile plugins

Marc Belanger bru1n at comcast.net
Tue May 3 23:36:08 CEST 2005

Greetings,

For Soalris 8 you will need gcc, make, libiconv, and thier dependancies.
sunfreeware.com has a nice guide that spells it all out. You could also use
the pre-compiled versions located here ->
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Solaris.50.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=11
5 which I found very helpful. I did not want to go through all the motions
of getting gcc, make, etc working on sol7 and 8 boxes. Just use pkgadd.

I can't say for sure about RH, but linux is ~usually~ a bit more friendly to
GNU software than default Solaris installs (even SUNWxcall).

- -Marc
PGP Public Key      : E8E9 FAC2 1552 DC29 7D53
Marc Belanger       : FD1E 6AAE 4CA9 E5FE B976