Nagios & Issuing commands

nuffers at tsainc.com nuffers at tsainc.com
Tue Mar 15 21:41:33 CET 2005

I have read the documentation about who has permissions on executing
commands to the service.   I have a application administrator that does
not have UNIX administrative authority but still needs to see some of the
others services and be notified if the hosts goes down.

I added the user to receive host notifications and to be able to perform
service actions on their own services.  By giving them host, I give them
all rights to all services on the hosts.

Is there away to allow them only view to the services that I didn't
specifically add to be contact for that host?  I would also like to be
able to send notifications of host up/down/resolve.

To resolve the host notifications portion, I believe I can accomplish this
by adding an entry to host escalations.  I'm not sure on the service view
portion. Suggestions?

Steve Nuffer
Nagios 2.x
FedoraCore3

Transaction Systems Architects, Inc.        330 S. 108th Ave.    Omaha, NE
68154-2684
 (402) 390-7938    Fax (402) 778-1413    nuffers at tsainc.com