Notifications via modem

Jonathan Billey jonathan.billey at matrikon.com
Mon Jun 27 23:49:16 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to investigate a way to send Nagios notifications to a cell
phone/pager using a modem in case the Internet connection goes down.

Right now during normal office hours I have notifications sent to a
central e-mail queue that the IT department monitors. During off hours
notifications are sent to a cell phone using the service & host
"e-pager" command.

If it was the case that the Internet connection went down and Nagios
could not send notifications through e-mail or by text messaging I would
like to have a backup where it would use a dialup connection to send out
the alert.

We are running Nagios 1.2 on FreeBSD 4.10

Has anyone setup this type of notification method?

Any help would be much appreciated.

JB

READER BEWARE: Unencrypted, unsigned Internet e-mail is inherently insecure.

Internet messages may be corrupted, incomplete, misdirected or may
incorrectly identify the sender. Therefore, nothing in this message or
attachments may be considered legally binding.

THIS MESSAGE IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL
OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED.

If you are not the intended recipient or their authorized agent, you
may not forward or copy this information and must delete or destroy all
copies of this message and attachments received.

Matrikon Inc. by telephone at (780) 448-1010.