Problem Monitoring DNS...

Vincent Ngundi vincent at kenic.or.ke
Fri Jun 3 09:28:21 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I'm using Nagios (check_dns command) to monitor two dns servers, one
which is non-recursive while the other is recursive.

The problem is that I get the following error from the non-recursive dns
server: "DNS CRITICAL - '/usr/bin/nslookup -sil' output parsing exited
with no address". The recursive dns server returns no error...

I'm using www.google.co.ke as the host (-H).

What could be the problem?

The servers are running FreeBSD and Nagios 2.03b....
--

	-vincent....
=====