more granular notification

Brian Huffman bhuffman at incyte.com
Thu Jun 2 16:26:13 CEST 2005

Here's a scenario:

We monitor printers and from Nagios' perspective, they're just another
"host".  However, I don't want printer down/up notifications to go to my
pager, but I would like them to go to my email.  However I *do* want
UNIX systems host notifications to go to my pager.  I don't know of a
simple way to do this in Nagios w/o creating a separate contact.  In Big
Brother it would have been easier.  If all my printers had a similar
name prefix, I could just say "print*:conn:" (or something like that -
don't remember the syntax exactly) and specify that those events should
go to email.

Thanks!
Brian