Is there a testing or debugging mode for nagios?

Lori Adams ladams at cloudmark.com
Fri Jul 29 18:42:02 CEST 2005

check_period is not a plugin.  Check_period is one of the options for
service.cfg configurations.
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#service

check_period means that a service check will only be executed during the
given timeframe.

Values for check_period are (usually) stored in timeperiods.cfg.
Example:

define service {
            host_name                    foo

            service_description         bar

            check_period                 24x7

.

.

.

}

To reschedule from command line, you will have to submit an "external
command" with various values to your nagios.cmd (set in nagios.cfg)
file.

 (see docs: http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/extcommands.html

 or
http://www.nagios.org/developerinfo/externalcommands/commandinfo.php?com
mand_id=127)

I have a perl script where I pass the server name and service name and
it will reschedule the check for 3 seconds later.  "external commands"
are your friend.  You can end up scripting all of the commands.

good luck.

-Lori