Is there a testing or debugging mode for nagio s?

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de
Sat Jul 30 16:18:03 CEST 2005

Hi Lori,

thanks for reminding me.

That was really naive of me to think that check_period could be
the name of a plug-in.

Of course now I remember that I defined a couple of time periods
to be assigned as possible values for the check_period attribute
in a service definition context.
I think I only forgot about it because I (now for my initial
testing) I just once defined a service template where a
check_period for my usual working hours was set.
And for all later added service definitions I haven't overriden
this setting yet (of course in the end it will have to be 24x7)

So thanks for reminding me, and forgive my stupidity.

Btw, would you mind sharing your Perl script?
I'm also into Perl and am curious about others' solutions.

Rgds.
Ralph