Error: Host Status Information Not Found!

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Mon Jul 18 11:37:05 CEST 2005

I believe this phenomenon is tied to the check_timeout value of the nagios
check processes.   The initscripts work fine after I added a 'sleep 10' to
them in between the stop and start clauses.  I even converted them to RedHat
style (Starting nagios...  [OK]).  My check_timeout is 10 seconds, so the
lingering child processes have died by the time the script starts a new
instance.  If you're using a much longer timeout, 'killall nagios' in
between the stop/start might work better.

-T