Announcement: KDE-KickerApplet to Nagios

Gerd Mueller gmueller at netways.de
Fri Jan 14 16:43:10 CET 2005

Hi Thomas,

I updated the source on nagiosexchange.org. Now this little applet will
recognize if it failed to fetch a status page and turn the "light" into
orange (unknown state). But I think that's not your problem - which the
working 3rd mousebutton demonstrates. I never heard from this turning
into grey problem :-( Maybe it's caused by your screensaver. Did you
restart kde after installing? Which kde version are you using?

If you believe there is an error, but ktlight does not show it right,
please check if the problem is already acknowledged or still in soft
state or change ktlight config :-)

Thank you

Gerd

Am Fr, den 14.01.2005 schrieb Gebhardt Thomas um 16:20:
> Hi Gerd,
>
> > For me and a few other guys it works, so I guess the configuration of
> > your cgi-bin path is not right. Please click on the green area with the
> > 3 mouse button (in the middle). Than you should see the page (without
> > &embedded=1) my applet checks.So please have a look at it. Also please
> > keep in mind that the applet does not alert acknowledged or soft alerts
> > by default. You can switch on soft and acknowledged alerts over the
> > configuration.
> >
> > If there are further questions or problems do not hesitate to mail me.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Here is what I get:
>
> When I unlocked the screensaver of my workstation, the ktlight area was
> green, changing immediately to grey (=background color, does that mean:
> state=UNKNOWN?).  Clicking with the middle mouse botton on that
> area gives me a browser window with the URL
> https://nagiosadmin@<my-server>/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?host=all&type=detail&servicestatustypes=20&serviceprops=42
> (I configured the nagios cgi-bin to "https://<my-server>/nagios/cgi-bin/")
> That page shows me the network, host, and the service status; one
> of the services is in critical state.  The ktlight tooltip says "everything is
> in order" , however.
>
> I'm pretty shure that the nagiosadmin password is ok.
>
> Thanks for any hint, Thomas
Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Nürnberg,

Gerd Müller

--
Gerd Müller                   NETWAYS GmbH
Senior Systems Engineer       Deutschherrnstr. 47a